CMS continues to review the need for existing waivers issued in response to the Public Health Emergency (PHE). Over the course of the PHE, nursing homes have developed policies or other practices that we believe mitigates the need for certain waivers.
- Therefore, CMS is announcing it is ending:
- The emergency blanket waivers related to notification of Resident Room or Roommate changes, and Transfer and Discharge notification requirements;
- The emergency blanket waiver for certain care planning requirements for residents transferred or discharged for cohorting purposes.
- The emergency blanket waiver of the timeframe requirements for completing and transmitting resident assessment information (Minimum Data Set (MDS)).
- CMS is providing clarification and recommendations for Nurse Aide Training and Competency Evaluation Programs (NATCEPs)
For more details, please see the full memo at https://www.cms.gov/medicareprovider-enrollment-and-certificationsurveycertificationgeninfopolicy-and-memos-states-and/updates-long-term-care-ltc-emergency-regulatory-waivers-issued-response-covid-19.