Show-Me ECHO (Extension for Community Healthcare Outcomes) uses videoconferencing to connect interdisciplinary teams of experts with clinicians and other healthcare professionals. Together participants and teams collaborate in interactive, individualized, case-based learning environments to develop skills and discuss best practices. Some ECHOs meet every week, some twice a month, and some have a completely different timeline. We know how challenging it can be to commit time away from your other responsibilities, but by building and supporting a strong community of learners, the ECHO model improves care access, quality, and efficiency. Show-Me ECHO learning sessions offer free continuing education and are provided at no cost to participating sites and individuals. Check out the ECHO schedule to see when you can attend the next session!
PAC/LTC: Post-Acute & Long-Term Care
2nd & 4th Thursdays: 9:30 am – 10:30 am
Topics or Learning and Discussion:
- Post-Vaccination Practices: Including Visitation Policies and PPE practices
- Ongoing COVID-19 Identification and Treatment: Plans for Recognizing Patients with COVID, Post-COVID Syndromes, Testing, Treatment and Cohorting
- Emotional and Organizational Support for Staff
- Vaccinations: Vaccine Confidence, Testing, Logistics, Ongoing Compliance and Complications
- Addressing and Supporting Needs of Residents, Families or Care Partners: Isolation and Family Communication
- Stopping the Spread (Infection Control): Building Sustainable Infection Control Practices
- Leadership Communication for COVID-19: Huddles, Rounding, Etc.
- Leadership Behaviors to Support Teams During COVID-19: Teamwork, Roles and Psychological Safety