The Fall 2022 issue of The Resident Advocate is now available. This newsletter provides information on residents’ rights and care issues; news and updates on national policy; and self-advocacy tips for obtaining person-centered, quality care.
This issue includes:
- Ways to build community within and outside of the long-term care facility in order to increase residents’ well-being,
- Resources for residents as they prepare to vote in elections,
- Tips for staying hydrated as well as common signs and symptoms of dehydration,
- Flu season and COVID-19 booster resources, and
- Information about this year’s Residents’ Rights Month.
The Resident Advocate is a great resource to share with long-term care residents. Nursing home staff, long-term care Ombudsman programs, family members, and other advocates are encouraged to forward this newsletter to residents or print and share copies. Download this issue or past issues from the website.