Below is important information regarding modifications to the Long-term Care Facility COVID-19 Module, and COVID-19 Vaccination Module. The changes described below will take effect after the September 2022 NHSN release. Resources on the NHSN LTCF COVID-19 Module webpage and the COVID-19 Vaccination Module webpage will be updated, where indicated, with revised forms, instructions, FAQs, and .CSV templates.
Point of Care (POC) Test Reporting Tool:
COVID-19 Pathway Data Reporting:
Please refer to the below data reporting pathways to learn about enhancements that will be made within each pathway.
Resident Impact and Facility Capacity Pathway:
The Primary Series Vaccination Status section of the Resident Impact and Facility Capacity Pathway has been revised with simplified language to account for the recent approval of the Novavax Vaccine. The reporting process for this pathway has not changed and users will not need to go back and make any revisions to their data. Please continue using the Table of Instructions, found on the LTCF COVID-19 Webpage, as a guide while reporting data for this pathway.
Staff and Personnel Impact Pathway:
For those that upload data via CSV files, please be sure to use the templates that are posted on the LTCF COVID-19 Module Webpage. The following therapeutics must be listed for each submission date within the CSV file.
Each Therapeutic should have a line within the CSV file:
- Casirivimab plus Imdevimab (Regeneron)
- Bamlanivimab plus etesevimab (Lilly)
- Sotrovimab (GlaxoSmithKline)
- Evusheld (AstraZeneca)
- Bebtelovimab (Lilly)
- Paxlovid (Pfizer)
- Molnupiravir (Merck)
State Veterans Homes COVID-19 Event Reporting Tool
Weekly NHSN COVID-19 Vaccination Data
Optional NHSN Person-Level (Event-Level) Vaccination Forms
- Enhanced security for Staff-Person-level (event-level) vaccination data.
- Action item for users: If a user is not a NHSN facility administrator (FA) and submits person-level vaccination data for healthcare personnel, the user must have the ‘Staff/Visitor- Add, Edit, Delete’ and ‘Staff/Visitor- view’ boxes checked under user rights. A user with administrative rights can grant these additional rights to users. Facility administrators will continue to have access to these person-level vaccination data.
For questions about any of these updates, please send an e-mail to the NHSN Helpdesk at NHSN@cdc.gov with the subject line identifying the topic of the message.