Update to COVID-19 Emergency Declaration Blanket Waivers for Specific Providers
- CMS continues to review the need for existing emergency blanket waivers issued in response to the Coronavirus Disease 2019 (COVID-19) Public Health Emergency (PHE).
- Over the course of the COVID-19 PHE, skilled nursing facilities/nursing facilities (SNFs/NFs), inpatient hospices, intermediate care facilities for individuals with intellectual disabilities (ICF/IIDs), and end-stage renal disease (ESRD) facilities have developed policies or other practices that we believe mitigates the need for certain waivers.
- Applicable waivers will remain in effect for hospitals and critical access hospitals (CAH).
- CMS will end the specified waivers in two groups:
- 60 days from issuance of this memorandum
- 30 days from issuance of this memorandum
Please see the full memo at https://www.cms.gov/medicareprovider-enrollment-and-certificationsurveycertificationgeninfopolicy-and-memos-states-and/update-covid-19-emergency-declaration-blanket-waivers-specific-providers.