- CMS is committed to continuing to take critical steps to ensure America’s healthcare facilities are prepared to respond to the Coronavirus Disease 2019 (COVID-19) Public Health Emergency (PHE).
- Visitation Guidance: CMS is issuing new guidance for visitation in nursing homes during the COVID-19 PHE, including the impact of COVID-19 vaccination.
- Visitation is allowed for all residents at all times.
- Replaced the term “vaccinated” with “up-to-date with all recommended COVID-19 vaccine doses” and deleted “unvaccinated.”
- Updated visitor screening and quarantine criteria.
Please see the full memo at https://www.cms.gov/medicareprovider-enrollment-and-certificationsurveycertificationgeninfopolicy-and-memos-states-and/nursing-home-visitation-covid-19-revised.