- CMS will begin posting the following information for each nursing home on the Medicare.gov Care Compare website:
- Weekend Staffing: The level of total nurse and registered nurse (RN) staffing on weekends provided by each nursing home over a quarter.
- Staff Turnover: The percent of nursing staff and number of administrators that stopped working at the nursing home over a 12-month period.
This information will be added to the Care Compare website in January 2022 and used in the Nursing Home Five Star Quality Rating System in July 2022.
- Posting Detailed Staffing Data: CMS will begin posting the submitted employee-level staffing data for all nursing homes.
- Reminder for Nursing Homes to Link Employee Identifiers when they are changed due to the changes in the facility’s staffing data systems.
Please see the full memo for details at https://www.cms.gov/medicareprovider-enrollment-and-certificationsurveycertificationgeninfopolicy-and-memos-states-and/nursing-home-staff-turnover-and-weekend-staffing-levels.