April 22, 2016: Dignity-Based Approach to Incontinence
Guest: Susan Fry, Retired Culture Change Nurse Leader
Guest Susan Fry will report out on a multisite research study regarding a dignity-based approach to incontinence management. Join us to hear both the change steps and the exciting improved outcomes realized:
- Disturbing residents less often increases comfort and dignity and respects natural sleep patterns, which improves alertness, appetite and nutrition while reducing confusion.
- Reducing the risk for falls by supporting residents to sleep naturally through the night without the need to get up to use the bathroom.
- Higher quality products keep skin dryer and promote skin health.
- Better leakage protection encourages resident confidence and security.
- Individualized care respects residents’ dignity and voiding patterns, and improves the level of participation in daily activities.
Please visit the event page here for more information and to register.