COVID-19 Vaccine Supply Questions
Healthcare personnel and resident COVID-19 vaccination coverage data submitted to NHSN provide critical information to public health officials. These data are used to assess resource needs and enable partner coordination for the deployment of vaccination supply and administration support.
We ask that you pay close attention to the following questions in the Vaccine Supply section of the vaccination coverage forms:
- For the current reporting week, please describe the availability of COVID-19 vaccine(s) for your facility’s residents:
- 1. Is your facility enrolled as a COVID-19 vaccination provider? [Select Yes or No]
- 2. Did your facility have a sufficient supply of COVID-19 vaccine(s) to offer all residents the opportunity to receive COVID-19 vaccine(s) from your facility in the current reporting week? [Select Yes or No]
- 3. Did your facility have other arrangements sufficient to offer all residents the opportunity to receive COVID-19 vaccine(s) in the current reporting week (examples of other arrangements include referring to the health department or pharmacies for vaccination)? [Select Yes or No]
- 4. Please describe any other COVID-19 vaccination supply-related issue(s) at your facility. [Optional]
NHSN strongly encourages users to continually review responses to these questions in the NHSN application to ensure the information reported is up-to-date and accurate. This will give public health officials a better sense of any current COVID-19 vaccine supply needs and issues that facilities may be encountering. Data collection forms for residents and healthcare personnel of long-term care facilities can be found under the “Data Collection Forms and Instructions” heading of the following webpage: https://www.cdc.gov/nhsn/ltc/weekly-covid-vac/index.html.
If your facility is experiencing issues with COVID-19 vaccine supply, please contact your state or local jurisdiction for assistance and learn more through this CDC webpage: https://www.cdc.gov/vaccines/covid-19/long-term-care/pharmacy-partnerships-access.html.
For questions related to NHSN and data reporting, please contact us at: NHSN@cdc.gov.
Changes to NHSN COVID-19 Vaccination Data Reporting for Healthcare Personnel Coming this Fall!
NHSN COVID-19 Vaccination Data Collection Forms for Healthcare Personnel will be Revised
What are the changes?
- Data on the current healthcare personnel categories for question #1 will no longer be collected.
New categories will now include:
- Employees: Staff on facility payroll
- Licensed independent practitioners: Contracted physicians, advanced practice nurses, and physician assistants
- Adult students/trainees and volunteers: Non-employee students/trainees and volunteers aged 18 or older
- Other contract personnel: Contracted staff who do not fall into any of the other denominator categories
- Question #3.2 (offered but declined COVID-19 vaccine) and question #3.3 (unknown COVID-19 vaccination status) will now be required.
- Question #4 on COVID-19 Vaccine(s) Supply will now be optional.
- Facilities will need to create a monthly reporting plan before entering data into NHSN.
How should I prepare?
Long-term care and non-long-term care facilities should develop or update data tracking mechanisms to collect weekly COVID-19 vaccination data on these new categories of healthcare personnel.
How can I learn more?
CDC will be conducting training webinars this fall. More information on these webinars will be shared later this summer, so stayed tuned!
Who do I contact with questions?
Please send an e-mail to NHSN@cdc.gov with ‘COVID-19 Vaccination Data Reporting’ in the subject line.