The guidance on reopening of long-term care facilities has been finalized. The guidance will be posted to the DHSS website at https://health.mo.gov/living/healthcondiseases/communicable/novel-coronavirus/professionals.php under Long-Term Care Facilities.
The department has contracted with the University of Missouri-Sinclair School of Nursing QIPMO team to assist homes through the reopening process. DHSS requests that homes contact the QIPMO team as they begin the reopening process.
The “usual” QIPMO team of nurses and leadership coaches will be available for assistance, and a couple of new team members have been added to the new CAT group – the COVID Accountability Team. Please, please feel free to directly contact your “representative”.
Below is the contact information for SNFs and ICFs (you can reach out to your regional QIPMO nurse or leadership coach):
- Region 1 (Springfield) – Melody Schrock (firstname.lastname@example.org), Nicky Martin (email@example.com) and/or Mark Francis (firstname.lastname@example.org)
- Region 2 (Poplar Bluff) – Wendy Boren (email@example.com) and/or Nicky Martin (firstname.lastname@example.org)
- Regions 3 (Kansas City) and 4 (Cameron) – Katy Nguyen (email@example.com) and/or Mark Francis (firstname.lastname@example.org)
- Regions 5 (Macon) and 6 (Jefferson City) – Crystal Plank (email@example.com), Nicky Martin (firstname.lastname@example.org)(6) and/or Libby Youse (email@example.com)
- Region 7 (St. Louis) – Debbie Pool (firstname.lastname@example.org) and/or Nicky Martin (email@example.com)
Below you’ll find the contact information for ALFs and RCFs:
- Regions 1 (Springfield) and 2 (Poplar Bluff) – Rob Siem (firstname.lastname@example.org)
- Regions 3 (Kansas City), 4 (Cameron), and 5 (Macon) – Sharon Thomas (email@example.com)
- Regions 6 (Jefferson City) and 7 (St. Louis) – Carol Siem (firstname.lastname@example.org)
Please join the QIPMO-Webinar for COVID Updates in Long-Term Care, including a review of the Reopening Guidance
- Friday, July 10, 2020, 10:30 am
- Speaker: Shelly Williamson, Administrator for MO DHSS Section for Long-Term Care Regulation
- https://nursinghomehelp.org/event/covid-19-updates-in-mo-long-term-care/ for registration information.
A reminder that all staff and resident positive cases should be reported to DHSS through the Congregate Facility Reporting portal: https://health.mo.gov/living/healthcondiseases/communicable/novel-coronavirus/.