CMS announced on the QTSO website (https://qtso.cms.gov/news-and-updates/how-nursing-homes-will-receive-important-information-cms) that they will utilize the CASPER Shared folders to communicate important information regarding findings of noncompliance with the requirement to report COVID-19 data to the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention (CDC) through the National Healthcare Safety Network (NHSN). This includes the CMS 2567 and Enforcement Notices. You will not receive a notice if you are found in compliance with the reporting requirement.
Additional resources to assist you with this reporting requirement:
- CMS memo (QSO 20-29-NH) and FAQs on new reporting requirement
- LTCF COVID19 Module webpage https://www.cdc.gov/nhsn/ltc/covid19/index.html Visit this website before submitting questions to the NHSN help desk.
- Enrollment help: https://www.cdc.gov/nhsn/pdfs/covid19/ltcf/covid19-enrollment-508.pdf or https://www.cdc.gov/nhsn/ltc/covid19/enroll.html. If you still need help with enrollment/data submission, contact NHSN@cdc.gov “LTCF” in the subject line
- To correct facility type: https://www.cdc.gov/nhsn/pdfs/covid19/ltcf/change-ltcf-508.pdf
- To change/update your NHSN facility administrator: https://www.cdc.gov/nhsn/facadmin/index.html
Having trouble registering/reporting with NHSN?
SAMS Help Desk
Monday-Friday, 8:00AM to 6:00PM EST (Excluding U.S. Federal Holidays)