CMS S&C Memo 16-40-NH/HHA/CLIA: Notice of Interim Final Rule (IFR) Agjusting Civil Monetary Penalties (CMPs)
- The Department of Health and Human Services (HHS) has published in the Federal Register on September 6, 2016 an IFR which adjusts for inflation CMP amounts authorized under the Social Security Act. (See Adjustment of Civil Monetary Penalties for Inflation)
- The IFR establishes new section 45 CFR Part 102, which lists the new CMP amounts and ranges as adjusted by the IFR for affected regulations. The changes made by the IFR are effective on September 6, 2016.
- The IFR addresses all applicable CMPs under the authority of HHS but we are highlighting only on those CMPs assessed for Skilled Nursing facilities (SNFs), Nursing Facilities (NFs), SNFs/NFs, Home Health Agencies (HHAs), and Clinical laboratories.
- Please see Attachment A for this S&C attached.
- For more information about this memo you may visit www.cms.gov/Medicare/Provider-Enrollment-and-Certification/SurveyCertificationGenInfo/Policy-and-Memos-to-States-and-Regions-Items/Survey-and-Cert-Letter-16-40.html?DLPage=1&DLEntries=10&DLFilter=nh&DLSort=2&DLSortDir=descending.