The Fall 2023 issue of The Resident Advocate is now available. This newsletter provides information on residents’ rights and care issues; news and updates on national policy; and self-advocacy tips for obtaining person-centered, quality care.
This issue includes information on:
- Tips for living with a roommate in a long-term care facility,
- Staffing issues in long-term care and how you can advocate for change,
- Steps to take when there is a problem in your nursing home,
- Reminders for visiting long-term care facilities during the holidays, and
- Participating in this year’s Residents’ Rights Month.
The Resident Advocate is a great resource to share with long-term care residents. Nursing home staff, long-term care Ombudsman programs, family members, and other advocates are encouraged to forward this newsletter to residents or print and share copies. Download this issue or past issues from the website