On April 17, 2023, the Centers for Medicare & Medicaid Services (CMS) transitioned to the Internet Quality Improvement and Evaluation System (iQIES) for Minimum Data Set (MDS) record submissions and reports.
All MDS submissions that were performed in the QIES Assessment Submission And Processing (ASAP) system prior to April 13 at 8:00 p.m. ET were processed in that system. As part of the migration, MDS data accepted into the ASAP system prior to the start of the migration were moved into iQIES. All new, modification, or inactivation records must be submitted in iQIES, even if the original record to be corrected was accepted into the QIES ASAP system.
As part of the migration, users are now able to access and run the user-requested reports in iQIES. User’s access to the reports is similar to the access in the Certification and Survey Provider Enhanced Reporting (CASPER) Reporting application, so long as their new HCQIS Access Roles and Profile (HARP) role allows access to generate and view reports. Users are only allowed to run reports for the providers to which they have access.
Register for an iQIES Account
For information and instructions to register for an iQIES account, please visit: https://qtso.cms.gov/news-and-updates/action-required-register-iqies-account.
- Upload an Assessment User Manual: https://qtso.cms.gov/providers/nursing-home-mdsswing-bed-providers/reference-manuals
- iQIES Reports User Manual: https://qtso.cms.gov/providers/nursing-home-mdsswing-bed-providers/reference-manuals
- MDS Error Message User Guide: https://qtso.cms.gov/providers/nursing-home-mdsswing-bed-providers/reference-manuals and https://qtso.cms.gov/vendors/minimum-data-set-mds-vendors/reference-manuals
Additionally, the iQIES Team has developed video tutorials to provide an overview of the MDS functionalities in iQIES. The video tutorials can be found on QTSO and are not mandatory: https://qtso.cms.gov/training-materials/iqies-training-videos
- Upload an Assessment for MDS Users
- How to Run Reports
iQIES Service Center
- If you have questions or require assistance, please contact the QIES/iQIES Service Center by phone at (800) 339-9313 or send an email.