RAI User’s Manual Errata File
On 12-15-17, CMS posted a RAI User’s Manual Errata File that can be found on the CMS MDS 3.0 Manual webpage website at www.cms.gov/Medicare/Quality-Initiatives-Patient-Assessment-Instruments/NursinghomeQualityInits/MDS30RAIManual.html.
The Errata file, titled MDS 3.0 RAI User’s Manual (v1.15R) Errata (v1), is located in the Downloads section of the webpage and contains the RAI Manual Change Table and associated replacement pages.
- New coding tips for I2300 Urinary Tract Infection
- A new coding tip in N0410 Medications Received
- In N0410 updated the resources and tools links and revised the accompanying explanation regarding their use
- New and revised coding tips in N0450 Antipsychotic Medication Review
- New bullet point added to P0200 Alarms, “Planning for Care
- New and revised coding tips in P0200 Alarms
- Updated manual pages are marked with the footer “October 2017 (R)”
Providers who use a print version the RAI User’s Manual should print the manual replacement pages and incorporate the replacement pages into the printed manual.