New MDS 3.0 RAI Manual Posted
CMS posted the MDS 3.0 RAI Manual v1.15 on their website on 8/31/17, which will be effective October 1, 2017. The new Manual can be found in the Related Links Section at the bottom of the following CMS website www.cms.gov/Medicare/Quality-Initiatives-Patient-Assessment-instruments/NursingHomeQualityInits/MDS30RAIManual.html
The Related Links section at the bottom of this page contains:
- MDS 3.0 RAI Manual v1.15 October 1, 2017
- A Single PDF file of the entire RAI manual for use as an electronic version with bookmarks that you can click on to take you to each section of the manual.
- MDS 3.0 RAI Manual v1.15 and Change Tables October 1, 2017
- Traditional zip files of the RAI manual and the change tables that crosswalk the changes made to this year’s manual. Note: This is the same material as the first item above, except there are separate files for each chapter or subchapter.
- MDS 3.0 RAI Manual v1.15 Replacement Manual Pages and Change Tables October 1, 2017
- Replacement pages for this year’s manual changes for those that want to just update their existing paper based manual with the pages that have changed. It also includes the change tables that crosswalk the changes made to this year’s manual.
- MDS Forms (Item Sets) v1.15.1 October 1, 2017
- Two folders separate the v1.15.1 MDS forms (MDS item sets) into those used in long term care facilities (SNFs and NFs) and those used in swing bed facilities.