IRF, LTCH, SNF QRP: Registration Open for Review and Correct Reports Provider Training – Live Webcast on May 2, 2017
CMS is hosting a live webcast for Inpatient Rehabilitation Facilities (IRFs), Long-Term Care Hospitals (LTCHs), and Skilled Nursing Facilities (SNFs) on Tuesday, May 2, 2017, from 2:00 to 3:30 p.m. ET.
This training will assist providers in better understanding how Review and Correct Reports fit within the overall Quality Reporting Programs. Additionally, the training will provide information about re-submitting data to correct errors prior to the quarterly submission deadlines to ensure the accuracy of the data which will ultimately be publicly displayed.
Visit the following webpages for more information and to register:
IRF Quality Reporting Training: https://www.cms.gov/Medicare/Quality-Initiatives-Patient-Assessment-Instruments/IRF-Quality-Reporting/IRF-Quality-Reporting-Training.html
LTCH Quality Reporting Training webpage
SNF Quality Reporting Training webpage
Effective April 13, 2017, questions regarding any of the Fee For Service Beneficiary Notice Initiative (BNI) notices may be sent to our new mailbox: BNImailbox@cms.hhs.gov.
The BNI notices are:
- FFS Advance Beneficiary Notice of Noncoverage (FFS ABN)
- FFS Home Health Change of Care Notice (FFS HHCCN)
- FFS Skilled Nursing Facility Advance Beneficiary Notice (FFS SNFABN) and SNF Denial Letters
- FFS Hospital-Issued Notices of Noncoverage (FFS HINNs)
- FFS Expedited Determination Notices for Home Health Agencies, Skilled Nursing Facility, Hospice and Comprehensive Outpatient Rehabilitation Facility (FFS Expedited Determination Notices)
- Important Message from Medicare (IM) and Detailed Notice of Discharge (DND) (Hospital Discharge Appeal Notices)
- FFS Notice of Exclusion from Medicare Benefits – Skilled Nursing Facility (FFS NEMB SNF)
There is an exception for the Medicare Outpatient Observation Notice (MOON). Continue to send questions regarding the MOON to MOONMailbox@cms.hhs.gov.
A Quick Reference Guide for Skilled Nursing Facilities (SNFs) is now available. This guide include frequently asked questions, information on QRP help desks, and helpful links to additional resources for the QRP.
QRP – MDS Submission
The submission deadline for the Skilled Nursing Facility (SNF) Quality Reporting Program (QRP) is approaching. Minimum Data Set (MDS) assessment data for October-December (Q4) of calendar year (CY) 2016 are due with this submission deadline. All data must be submitted no later than 11:59 p.m. Pacific Standard Time on May 15, 2017.
View the list of measures required for this deadline on the SNF Quality Reporting Program Measures and Technical Information webpage.: https://www.cms.gov/Medicare/Quality-Initiatives-Patient-Assessment-Instruments/NursingHomeQualityInits/Skilled-Nursing-Facility-Quality-Reporting-Program/SNF-Quality-Reporting-Program-Measures-and-Technical-Information.html.
As a reminder, it is recommended that providers run the applicable CMS CASPER validation reports prior to each quarterly reporting deadline to ensure that all required data has been submitted. Providers are also encouraged to verify all facility information prior to submission, including their CCN and facility name. Only successful submissions will count toward your Annual Payment Update requirement.
For more information, view https://www.qtso.com/download/mds/MDS_3.0_Helpful_Hints.pdf
S&C Memo: 17-25-NH: Electronic Staffing Submission – Payroll-Based Journal Update
- Mandatory staffing data submission through the Payroll-Based Journal began July 1, 2016. Providers are reminded that they have until the 45th day after the end of each quarter to submit data.
- To help providers improve their submissions, the Centers for Medicare & Medicaid Services (CMS) is providing feedback on each facility’s data through their monthly Provider Preview reports.
- The Nursing Home Compare website now reflects whether providers have submitted data by the required deadline. Additionally, providers that have not submitted any data for two consecutive deadlines will have their overall and staffing star ratings suppressed.
- We are updating the data submission requirements related to hire and termination dates, and converting three job codes as optional for submission.
Please see the memo attached for more details or visit https://www.cms.gov/Medicare/Provider-Enrollment-and-Certification/SurveyCertificationGenInfo/Policy-and-Memos-to-States-and-Regions-Items/Survey-and-Cert-Letter-17-25.html?DLPage=1&DLEntries=10&DLSort=1&DLSortDir=descending.
Healthcare Associated Infections Survey
The MU Sinclair School of Nursing invites your participation in a brief online survey to identify online educational materials you would find most helpful as you seek to prevent and manage healthcare associated infections (HAIs) in your particular work setting. Based on the results of the survey, selected learning resources will be developed and made available in an easily accessible format on the School’s HAI website.
This online survey is at https://muno.wufoo.com/forms/needs-assessment-for-hai-educational-resources/ and will take no more than 5 minutes of your valuable time.
The due date for your input is May 3, 2017.
If you have any questions, please feel free to email www.nursingoutreach.missouri.edu or call 573-882-0215 and ask for Todd. Thank you for your important input. We pledge to use as we attempt to provide what you ask for!
Farewell to Kristen Edwards
Kristen Edwards has accepted a position outside state government and will be leaving the Section on May 1. We will definitely miss Kristen and appreciate the fine work she has done for us. Shelly Williamson will serve as the Section’s Interim Administrator until the position is filled.
New Vulnerable Citizens Services Unit Within Securities Division
Secretary of State Jay Ashcroft announced that the Securities Division of the Office of the Secretary of State is boosting investor protection and education through the formation of its new Vulnerable Citizens Services unit.
Please see the Securities Release attached for more details.
S&C 17-22-ALL: Save the Date- Medicare Learning Network (MLN) Conference Call National Provider Call (NPC) for Emergency Preparedness Requirements for Medicare & Medicaid Participating Providers and Suppliers Final Rule
- The Centers for Medicare & Medicaid Services (CMS) MLN will host a NPC for the Emergency Preparedness Requirements for Medicare & Medicaid Participating Providers and Suppliers Final Rule.
- The calls are open to providers, suppliers, State Survey Agencies (SAs), Regional Offices (ROs) and the general public.
- CMS has received multiple requests by providers, suppliers, States and associations to present at annual conferences regarding the new final rule for Emergency Preparedness Requirements for Medicare & Medicaid Participating Providers and Suppliers. Due to the large number of speaking requests, CMS is offering an additional learning session through the MLN. During the additional session, we will provide an overview of the final rule and discuss the requirements for meeting the training and testing requirements by the implementation date of November 15, 2016.
Date: Thursday, April 27, 2017
Time: 2:30pm-3:30pm ET
Topic: Review of provisions and focus on Training and Testing Requirements
Please see the attached memo or you may visit https://www.cms.gov/Medicare/Provider-Enrollment-and-Certification/SurveyCertificationGenInfo/Policy-and-Memos-to-States-and-Regions-Items/Survey-and-Cert-Letter-17-22.html?DLPage=1&DLEntries=10&DLSort=1&DLSortDir=descending.
S&C 17-21-ALL: Information to Assist Providers and Suppliers in Meeting the New Training and Testing Requirements of the Emergency Preparedness Requirements for Medicare & Medicaid Participating Providers and Suppliers Final Rule
- Information for Implementation: The Centers for Medicare & Medicaid Services (CMS) is providing information to assist providers and suppliers in meeting the Training and Testing requirements of the new Emergency Preparedness Final Rule that was published on September 16, 2016 (81 FR 63860) and became effective on November 15, 2016.
Please see the S&C attached or you may visit https://www.cms.gov/Medicare/Provider-Enrollment-and-Certification/SurveyCertificationGenInfo/Policy-and-Memos-to-States-and-Regions-Items/Survey-and-Cert-Letter-17-21.html?DLPage=1&DLEntries=10&DLSort=1&DLSortDir=descending.