- Abuse Indicator – CMS is updating the Nursing Home Compare website to make it easier for consumers to identify facilities with instances of non-compliance related to abuse.
- Consumer Alert for Oregon Nursing Homes – CMS will be adding a consumer alert on the Nursing Home Compare website for all Oregon facilities indicating that incidents of abuse may not be reflected on the Nursing Home Compare This action is in response to a recommendation by the Government Accountability Office (GAO).
- CMS is removing the quality measures related to residents’ reported experience with pain from the Nursing Home Compare website and the Five Star Rating System.
- We are also advising providers we will be updating the thresholds for quality measure ratings, according to the plan introduced in CMS Memorandum QSO-19-08-NH, in which the thresholds will be updated every six months. The first update will take place April 2020.
- We are listing the dates the Nursing Home Compare website and the Five Star Rating System will be updated over the next few months.
In addition, the Technical User Guide has also been updated on the following website: www.cms.gov/Medicare/Provider-Enrollment-and-Certification/CertificationandComplianc/FSQRS.html.