Nursing homes that have embraced culture change demonstrated a significant reduction in health-related survey deficiencies, a study shows. Deficiency citations fell by 14.6 percent between 2004 and 2009 in homes that have implemented culture change relative to a control group of non-culture change nursing homes. This study was published in a special supplement “Transforming Nursing Home Culture: Evidence for Practice and Policy” to the February 2014 issue of The Gerontologist. The abstract is available by visiting http://gerontologist.oxfordjournals.org/content/54/Suppl_1/S35.abstract.
- MDS Items O0600 (Physician Examinations) and O0700 (Physician Orders)
- SNF QRP Confidential Feedback Reports for Claims-Based Measures
- Update: SNF QRP Review and Correct Reports & Confidential Feedback Reports Issues
- TMF QIN Nursing Home Quality Improvement Spotlight on….
- New Section Administrators within the Division of Regulation and Licensure