The Centers for Disease Control (CDC) has been working to promote safe use of insulin pens, in light of growing awareness of the risk of reuse. Insulin pens are meant for one patient only, but there have been recent occurrences of insulin pens being used for more than one patient. The CDC’s injection safety campaign recently introduced a brochure and poster for clinicians and patients about the safe use of insulin pens. The brochure and poster as well as other resources can be found on the Insulin Pen Safety web page.
- MDS Items O0600 (Physician Examinations) and O0700 (Physician Orders)
- SNF QRP Confidential Feedback Reports for Claims-Based Measures
- Update: SNF QRP Review and Correct Reports & Confidential Feedback Reports Issues
- TMF QIN Nursing Home Quality Improvement Spotlight on….
- New Section Administrators within the Division of Regulation and Licensure